The United States Association for UNHCR (USA for UNHCR) supports the UN Refugee Agency’s humanitarian work to protect and assist refugees around the world. The organization strives to meet the unmet needs of the world’s most vulnerable people, building support and awareness in the United States for UNHCR’s life‐saving programs. Established in 1989 by concerned American citizens, USA for UNHCR is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
USA for UNHCR has an immediate need for the following position:
Position: Manager, Committed Giving/Sustainers
Department/Division: Individual Giving
Location: Washington, DC
Under the direction of the SR Director, Individual Giving, the Manager of Regular Giving/Sustainers manages and leads the development and implementation of monthly giving programs, integrating acquisition and conversion across all fundraising channels including telemarketing, on-line, direct mail and DRTV. Manger will also develop and lead donor care strategies to focus on retention of regular givers/sustainers.
The Manager Committed Giving will be responsible for establishing and managing the committed giving program, promoting it to donors, attracting and retaining new donors, as well as tracking and reporting the program results. He/ She will be responsible for the development and rollout of growth strategies that align with the organizational goals of significant growth in committed giving, as well as meeting specific annual objectives. The Manager of Committed Giving will need to liaise closely with the Manager of Acquisition, Manager of Donor Services, the Director of Online Fundraising and the Manager of Face to Face Fundraising.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Retention: Create, test and implement a compelling communication strategy for all monthly donors, from the point of acquisition throughout their lifecycle. Systematically test changes to these materials on an ongoing basis to maximize the retention of these donors.
Collaborate with Donor Services Manager for best in class donor stewardship and welcome series for regular givers.
Recapture and Reactivation: Develop strong systems for reactivating lapsed donors in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Upgrade: Create and implement a cost-effective program to upgrade giving from monthly donors. Continuously test changes to these methods to improve their effectiveness.
Performance and Evaluation: Create annual budgets in conjunction with the Senior Director of Individual and Major Gifts, setting objectives for total money raised retention, recapture, upgrade, acquisition, net income, gross income, expenditure, and attrition. Break down these overall goals by technique and cost center and translate them into metrics that can be monitored on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Manage the program to achieve these objectives.
Data Management: Ensure that all member data is collected and secured centrally within 24 hours of receipt certifying that donations are processed in a timely manner. Ensure accurate and timely flow of data from multiple entry points into UFU donor database. Ensure cleanliness of data and accuracy of monthly charges.
Responsible for budget management, forecasting updates, and invoice coding for regular giving campaigns.
Staff Management: May manage one staff Manage staff working on monthly giving programs. Set clear objectives and work plans. Manage staff to successful execution of work plans.
Vendor Management: Closely manage all vendors involved in the program, setting clear objectives and managing the vendors to them. In particular working with our telemarketing vendors to maximize the lifetime income for UFU through a mixture of script testing, motivation, data analysis and process improvements.
- Develop and manage monthly sustainer reporting dashboard and campaign results summaries.
- Develop multi-variant test plans and annual test calendar.
- Responsible for audience segmentation, creative treatments, and TM scripts for regular giving appeals.
- Manage fulfillment vendors of donor care/welcome series program for both regular givers/sustainers and one time givers.
- Develop business rules for operations processes related to sustaining gifts (e.g., credit card processing, database coding).
- Work closely with database team and finance team to ensure all regular giving files are tracked and uploaded.
- Closely monitor monthly re-occurring gifts for rejects declines and cancellations.
- Any other duties as requested by SR Director, Individual Giving, or Executive Director.
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Post-secondary Education and minimum five years of direct marketing experience for a non-profit organization
- Experience with direct mail, telemarketing and online campaigns
- Knowledge of data segmentation
- Knowledge of DRTV campaigns
- Understanding and knowledge of budgets
- Strong Communications Skills (written and oral)
- Familiarity with fundraising databases
- Familiarity with donor stewardship and donor services
- Detailed-oriented and organized
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email or US Mail to the following:
Mail: USA for UNHCR
Attn: Human Resources
1775 K ST NW, STE 580
Washington, DC 20006
Subject Line: Manager, Committed Giving/Sustainers
Resume Submittal Deadline: April 1, 2015