The United States Association for UNHCR (USA for UNHCR) supports the UN Refugee Agency’s humanitarian work to protect and assist refugees around the world. The organization strives to meet the unmet needs of the world’s most vulnerable people, building support and awareness in the United States for UNHCR’s life‐saving programs. Established in 1989 by concerned American citizens, USA for UNHCR is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
USA for UNHCR has an immediate need for the following position:
Position: Specialist, Database
Department/Division: Individual Giving
Location: Washington, DC
We are seeking a database management specialist who is passionate about database architecture, data analysis, and cutting edge technology. This person will require strong interpersonal skills and a desire for team-based coordination and collaboration, through knowledge sharing and gathering end-user requirements. This person will be responsible for aiding in the development, deployment and maintenance of the CRM system.
Basic database background qualifications:
- Skilled in database design for a medium-to-large scale database environment.
- Ability to provide support for development and deployment of data transformation, validation and load processes.
- Experience with SQL – create/modify/test scripts to test data and confirm viability against report specifications.
- Deployment of SQL scripts to provide fast query responses to end users.
- Assist with technical issues resolution – provide alternatives, options, industry best practices, recommendations and guidance to end users.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to work with senior management to understand business requirements.
- Review existing process documentation – interview “subject matter experts” to collect or confirm process steps.
- Create global ad-hoc queries, update existing queries, and develop illustrative how-to procedures for team.
- Be responsible for documentation artifacts including functional requirements, design documents and data management plans.
- Document processes, procedures, work instructions, and identify templates for each process using standard process documentation formats.
- Provide milestone completion data for process documentation activities.
- Collaborate with finance and donor services for troubleshooting transactional/financial data.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Senior Director, IG
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required in this position:
- Minimum five years of experience in relational database management – experience with gathering database mapping requirements and creating mapping documentation in detail.
- Experience with ROI Solutions database or Engaging Networks a plus.
- Excellent clear, effective written and oral communications are required.
- Ability to gather information and resolve issues independently.
- Ability to identify, and track progress and escalate issues as needed.
- Analytical and detailed oriented.
- Ability to quickly understand assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or equivalent.
- 2 – 4 years of database management experience or system support
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email or US Mail to the following:
Mail: USA for UNHCR
Attn: Human Resources
1775 K ST NW, STE 580
Washington, DC 20006
Subject Line: Database Specialist
Submission Deadline: 01/09/2015