New York, NY (May 07, 2018) – USA for UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is pleased to announce the organization’s 2018 Data Advisory Board comprised of experts working in the fields of data science, machine learning and technology who share a commitment to the goals and objectives of the UN Refugee Agency.
The Data Advisory Board will work in collaboration with The Hive, USA for UNHCR’s innovation lab, to advance USA for UNHCR’s data capabilities and capacity to engage new audiences and build support for refugees in the U.S. Through its leadership, the Advisory Board will help formalize USA for UNHCR’s internal analytical practice including novel donor segmentation using machine learning and the pursuit of high-risk projects that use emerging technologies.
“Each Advisory Board member’s professional expertise and passionate commitment to harnessing data for good will be invaluable to USA for UNHCR’s ability to deliver results for refugees,” said Rita Ko, Director of The Hive.
The 2018-19 Data Advisory Board includes the following talented leaders:
- Lauren Moores, Data Advisory Board Chair & VP Data Sciences/Strategy, Indigo
- Renee Cassard, SVP Marketing Sciences, PHD Worldwide
- Erin Coffman, Data Scientist, Airbnb
- Genevieve Hoffman, Data Visualization Engineer, Topos
- Michael Kent, Associate, BlackRock
- Julia Kodysh, Software Engineer, Hammer Lab
- Khoa Ma, Assistant Studio Director, Cornell Tech
- Shani Offen, Machine Learning Chapter Lead, Spotify
- Ryan Vilim, Software Engineer, Sidewalk Labs (Alphabet subsidiary)
- Liberty Vittert, USA for UNHCR Board Member & Mitchell Lecturer, University of Glasgow
- Katie Tsantes, MBA Candidate, Columbia Business School & Consultant, Deloitte
For more on The Hive, visit the Our Team page.