Photo Credit: © UNHCR/JTanner
Give with Confidence to USA for UNHCR
Our mission is to keep refugees safe, protect their rights and save their lives. USA for UNHCR ensures every dollar we receive is spent wisely. We want you to give with confidence when you make a gift to support refugees, so we strive for excellence in financial accountability and transparency. We work to maximize the value of every dollar we receive. Donations made to USA for UNHCR assist UNHCR programs and long-term solutions in some of the most vulnerable conflict areas. UNHCR is the only organization in the world mandated to serve refugees. This gives us the flexibility to channel funds to wherever the needs are the greatest.
When USA for UNHCR is fundraising for a specific emergency or crisis, 100% of designated restricted donations will apply to that particular emergency or crisis. Should USA for UNHCR raise funds in excess of what is required to respond to that particular crisis, the remaining funds are redirected to where the need is greatest.
USA for UNHCR is registered in the United States as a not-for-profit corporation and is exempt from tax under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and qualifies for the maximum charitable contribution deduction by donors. Our Federal Identification (EIN) is available upon request. In the interest of transparency, we offer the following documents for online viewing and downloading in PDF format:
Our Commitment to Our Donors
- USA for UNHCR adheres to the Donor Bill of Rights.
- USA for UNHCR will not share your information, including your e-mail address, phone number, mailing address and all other information acquired.
- USA for UNHCR will not sell, rent or trade a donor’s information with any organization, nor will we send mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- USA for UNHCR is committed to transparency. We assure our donors of the following:
- USA for UNHCR will supply all donors with appropriate acknowledgement and tax statements.
- USA for UNHCR will handle all donations with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- USA for UNHCR will keep our supporters informed of our mission and the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations.
- USA for UNHCR will provide access to the organization’s most recent financial statements on request.
- USA for UNHCR will expect that all relationships with individuals representing our organization to the donors will be professional in nature.
- USA for UNHCR will use gifts for the purposes in which they were given. USA for UNHCR will fulfill a donor’s specified gift intent to the extent it is legal, possible and consistent with the organization’s mission, tax exempt purposes, ethics and capacity. If USA for UNHCR cannot for any reason abide by the donor’s intent, we will, to the best of our ability, contact the donor to discuss the reassignment of their donation toward an appropriate current campaign.
Preventing Donor Fraud
USA for UNHCR adheres to Internet industry standards and best practices when it comes to ensuring your online giving is safe and secure. Unfortunately, online fraud and scams have become more frequent. If you suspect someone has contacted you fraudulently representing USA for UNHCR, please be aware of the following:
- USA for UNHCR never solicits funds to be sent via Western Union.
- USA for UNHCR never strands its employees overseas, and never expects them to pay their own transportation expenses.
- USA for UNHCR never fails to respond to the needs of an employee who is sick or injured.
- USA for UNHCR never pays for employee vacations, and does not handle travel arrangements via third party payments.
- USA for UNHCR never participates in lottery awards.